Would your students enjoy a visit by a children’s book author?
I am willing to come to any school in Essex County to do a reading or 3 different readings for a readathon. I would appreciate it if the school would like at least one of my books for this service.
I will do two class presentations at the same level for the nominal cost of $15.00 for gas and the sale of a book. Whole day workshops are available for a reasonable payment by contacting Jane directly at her email email@example.com or by phone 519-738-4708.
1. Grade 2/3 - Reading a book and writing using the book pattern Sharing in groups
2. Grade 4/5 -Referring to the Jack Miner books, a power point presentation about doing a project using SCOPE with reference to the Canada goose.
3. Grade 6 - a power point presentation on the underground railway and the inter racial school in Amherstburg, based on the book, An Unexpected Friendship Amherstburg 1846
4. Grade7/8 - History 1812-14 war and lead up to it based on Jane's book Two at the crossroads
5. Grade 11 - Indian studies; the Shawnee, Tecumseh and the role of women again with reference to Two at the Crossroads
Record Your Life Story
Did you know you have a treasure to give your family?
1. Jane offers spending two-three sessions tape recording your stories for a set price. Please contact her for details.
2. Life stories can be written up as small books with your pictures at a cost of $25.00 per hour.
Adult Group Talks
Would your group meeting enjoy a visit by an author?
1. Talks given free to any Historical Society using power point presentations about Black history in our area or the war of 1812-14 with reference to Two at the Crossroads.
2. How to write your life story with either a short talk or 4 sessions where Jane works with a group,dealing with gathering facts,recording interviews with a friend and writing up notes you organise chronologically.
Jane loves to engage others in her love for life and reading!
Be sure to contact her for your next special event!